Friday, March 18, 2011

Here I go again…

I’m hoping that I can update sooner than every 6-8 months. Winking smile

A couple thoughts as to why I’m attempting this again. First, I have a million digital scrapbook kits that need to be scrapped with. I’m on a spending freeze until I make a decent dent in this supply.  Warning: The Digital Scrapbooking industry might experience a slight recession because of this decision. Open-mouthed smile So I need to get cracking before National Scrapbook Day or it’s gonna be a sad day for me to stay away from the sales.  And then there’s always a Sweet Shoppe Sale, especially “Going Going Gone!” So! Off to scrapping! I just wish I had the time and energy to scrap a layout a day.  I know some people do a lot more than that!

Life has changed a lot for me since I posted last! First, I’m 2 sizes smaller! I’ve been on a weight loss journey like none other.  And I finally feel like I’m in a situation where those pounds are gone forever! It’s really really really slow. But the scale isn’t moving up and my inches are going down! So that’s what really matters.

Second, our family has moved to another town. That’s been an adjustment. But God has greatly blessed us with a wonderful home and new friends!

I had the pleasure of going shopping tonight. DD had a friend over for a sleep over and they decided they wanted to go to the mall.  So I reluctantly let my DD and her friend shop the mall alone. I ended up at Maurice’s and I have to say that I’m really impressed with their recent clothing line! Really cute stuff!  I haven’t been much for dresses but tonight, the urge struck me to try on a couple. I came home with these:

Cap Sleeve V Neck Floral Dress with Belt - maurices.com

Cropped Ruffle Bolero - maurices.comEmbroidered Trim Dress - maurices.com

Very different from my usual style. But I love how feminine women’s clothing is starting to look. It’s o.k. to be a girl again!!! Smile

And I confess to being greatly inspired by the Mad Men TV series.  I love the clothing in that show! I kept telling Allen I was going to have to start shopping vintage stores to find some of the dresses. Turns out that Maurice’s has them!

Alright so now time for a few layouts!

aiden_frolic_sprayground

Credits: Sweet Tomato Design's Frolic Kit and I {heart} You Template
Font is Rough Typewriter

boy_camping

credits: Farynar's Wings' Night Sky Kit and Night Sky Sparkle Backs
Font is HP HSG

ethan_flowersformama

Credits:Polka Dot Plum Design's (by Lauren and Amy) Sweet Summertime http://www.polkadotplum.com/shoppe/p...amp;amp;page=3
Template by JenCK; Font is SFHelen

That’s enough for today! I’ll post more over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment